Last Modified: 7/29/2014
POINT APP, INC. ("Point,” “Company" or "We") respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you download, install, register with, access or use the Point app (the "App").
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information. This policy applies only to information we collect in this App, in e-mail, text and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with this App. This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any other Company apps or websites, including websites you may access through this App.
- You provide to or is collected by any third party.
These third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Children under the Age of 13
The App is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org].
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our App:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use the App.
Information You Provide to Us
When you download, register with or use this App, we may ask you provide information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, geographic location, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information").
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as geographic location, contacts or work industry. This information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in the App. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the App and posting material. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the App.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
Automatic Information Collection.
When you download, access and use the App, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the App, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the App, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the App.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and Internet connection, including the device's unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information and the device's telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. The App also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts and address book information.
- Location Information. This App may collect real-time information about the location of your device.
Information Collection Technologies.
The technologies we may use for automatic information collection include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your mobile device or computer. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your mobile device or computer. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our App.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the App and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity).
Third-party Information Collection
When you use the App or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- Analytics companies.
- Your mobile device or computer manufacturer.
- Your mobile or Internet service provider. These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use this app. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content. We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the App and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you when App updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it. The usage information we collect helps us to improve our App and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our App according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you use the App. Disclosure of Your Information We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Point App’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Point App about our App users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the App Terms of Service.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Point App, our customers or others. International Users.
Point App is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the App or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Your California Privacy Rights.
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com. However, please note that under the law, services such as ours that permit California residents to opt in to, or opt out of, this type of sharing are not required to provide such information upon receiving a request, but rather may respond by notifying the user of his or her right to prevent the disclosure. To opt out of having information about you shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the App. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.